Small businesses are the backbone of their communities. They significantly contribute to the economy and provide jobs. To help highlight and support these contributions Saturday, November 26, 2022, is known as Small Business Saturday and is a celebration in support of small businesses and all they do for their communities.
Here are a few things you can do as a small business to prepare for a successful Small Business Saturday:
- Host an event: Celebrate the day by hosting a small event that brings new and loyal customers to your location. Whether it’s an open house, a coffee tasting, an exclusive sale, or whatever can highlight your products and services – hosting an event can attract positive attention.
- Create a promotion or special sale: Whether it a discount, BOGO, or a special membership – make sure you create an offer that is exclusive to that day to help generate sales and bring in customers.
- Partner with other local businesses: Bring in products or set up a pop-up shop for another partner small business. This can help bring in their loyal customers to your location and create exposure for you and another business. You can also create a special promotion or offering with a partner business. Example: Get 20% off gym apparel at Fit Threads with proof of new membership at FitFlex Gym.
- Advertise: Whether you go the traditional route or run a full-scale digital campaign; make sure you advertise your products, services, promotions, and events for Small Business Saturday. This can help introduce people early on to what products you will be selling and who they can support on this day. Make sure you use hashtags relevant to Small Business Saturday to help potential customers find you.
- Update Your Information: Make sure all your information is current. If you have a website make sure it is up to date, along with your address, phone number, and hours across all your platforms. This is crucial in order for people to find you and be able to visit your location.
Making a plan and strategy for Small Business Saturday will help make the day and possibly the whole weekend a success.
People love to support and shop local, you just have to make sure you are participating in days like Small Business Saturday and that you are prepared ahead of time.