The North Las Vegas Credit Building Loan and Business Support Program is open to any entrepreneur or small business owner with a principal place of business in the City of North Las Vegas* with a credit score of 650 or lower. The goal of this program is to combine financing, financial literacy, and small business support to open pathways for economic opportunity and business growth.
Applicants accepted into the program will receive a $1,200 loan at 5% interest for a 6-month term. This is a loan that must be paid back. During the six-month term, they will participate in six financial literacy courses and spend 10 hours working with a Business Advisor to help grow their business (virtual or in-person options available with flexible times).
At the end of the six months, if all payments were made timely and all financial literacy courses and advising hours are completed, the business will be issued a $5,000 grant to be used for payroll, working capital, or equipment purchases. This grant does not need to be repaid.
- $1,200 loan for 6-months at 5% interest
- Complete 6 Financial Literacy Classes
- Complete 10 hours with a Business Advisor
Each applicant will receive personalized support during the application process to help collect necessary documents. The application will require the following to confirm eligibility:
- Business Information (Address, EIN, Ownership)
- Business License and Proof of Active Silverflume
- Personal Information for all owners with 20%+ ownership
- Personal Financial Statement
- Current Debt Schedule
- Six months of business bank statements or YTD P&L Statement
- Credit Report verifying credit score of 650 or less
- Last two years tax returns, if applicable
- Federal UEI Number through sam.gov
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Frank Ruvalcaba at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 725-263-0291
*Must be registered in Silverflume with business address listed in North Las Vegas to be eligible for the program